Some of the most important findings include:
• Sound quality is a top-ranking purchase driver for 65% of global consumers, with 63% of headphone shoppers saying high-resolution audio quality is important. Additionally, 64% of smart speaker shoppers said sound quality is most important to their purchase decision and 78% of soundbar and home theater shoppers say superior sound quality matters.
• Extended battery life is a top-ranking purchase driver for 61% of consumers surveyed in 2019, up from 47% in 2018. This sharp increase reflects the shift in preference towards wireless, which has allowed users the freedom to enjoy listening on the move.
• More than 30% of those surveyed use their wireless audio devices while gaming.
• 52% of respondents said they would prefer to receive Bluetooth wireless headphones
bundled with their next phone.
• 35% of consumers surveyed already own a smart speaker or smart soundbar, and an additional 23% plan to buy one in the next 12 months. In addition, 78% of consumers are willing to pay more for a smart or wireless speaker that supports their desired features.
• 60% of wireless headphone use is in noisy environments, and 63% of users care about Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) as a feature.
• 67% of soundbar shoppers said the ability to stream audio smoothly to other audio devices without any lags (low latency) is important.
• 53% of consumers rated Voice UI as a feature of interest for wireless headphones.
• 73% of users expect their portable/wireless speaker to be able to play music at a very
loud volume without distortion or loss of audio quality.